Thursday, September 5, 2013

I've finally had a shower

No, not because I enjoy avoiding having clean hair and skin,but because it's been a couple of days since I've had the energy to do so. Unfortunately, with my plan of it being a new week for new wins has already fallen flat on its face, but not of any fault of mine. 

Well actually, Tuesday was a bit of a failure as I enjoyed a fabulous 4 hour work lunch to celebrate by 30th, a colleague's babe and yet another colleague's wedding. My plan to to only have a main, which turned into an entree, main, dessert plus wine. It was so so wrong, yet absolutely delicious! 

This is definitely not directly related, but I'm sure this is me paying for it in some sort of "karma-tic" way. By the time we got back to the office late Tuesday afternoon, I started feeling decidedly average. When we got home, I skipped dinner and turned in early at about 9pm. The next morning, I woke up with a high grade fever and called in sick. Despite taking panadol, the fever wouldn't budge. Eventually, my husband came home early and took be to see the doctor who confirmed it as a chest infection. Chest infection?? CHEST INFECTION!?!? Where in the blazes did that come from? The doctor threw some antibiotics at me and I was back home in bed. 

I'm trying to google to workout when I can start exercising again but I'm getting answers all over the place. I might have to ask my doctor again. It is a little frustrating as hubby and I have signed up for the 9km bridge run. While I really want to run it, I will walk it if I have to or pass on it completely to avoid developing some sort of long term damage. 

So there might not be too much 12wbt related things on the blog in the next week (or weeks) to come, but I'll try to post on some other interesting things that come up in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment