Sunday, September 1, 2013

[12wbt] Travelling on the 12wbt

My sister got married on the weekend on a gloriously sunny and warm Saturday afternoon. My family and family friends were flying in for the wedding and we also have friends in Melbourne who we hardly get to see. It was going to be a massive weekend. So, before heading off, I had a plan of attacked all worked out:

> Friday: We were flying to Melbourne over dinner. Lucky for me, it was a Jetstar flight, meaning no plane food provided! The goal was to have a snack in the arvo, get something healthy at the airport before getting on the plane, land in Melbourne and meet a friend at Max Brenner's for a drink, but only order tea. 

> Saturday: SSS in the morning, get some fruit/yoghurt to have as breakkie while getting my hair done. Ceremony at 11, canapes at 12. Avoid canapes. They were going to have a choice menu so I thought I could skip the entree, order the best sounding main, skip or only have a nibble of dessert. Go out and meet more friends for dinner. 

> Sunday: Post-wedding breakfast at a place unknown to me. Order a sensible breakfast. Buy something sensible for lunch to eat on the flight home. Have some sort of soup and bread for dinner. 

So things didn't go 100% to plan I have to say. But it didn't go terribly. Here's how it all went down...
> Friday: Bought sushi - three pieces salmon, three pieces prawns and two mini (cooked) tuna slices. Gave in to temptation and also bought a mini tin of Pringles, which I halved with hubby. Also had two oreo cookies which I discovered stashed in my bag. Met my mate at Max Brenner, ordered green tea and one chocolate. 

> Saturday: 8km run around the Tan. Punnet of strawberries and tub of Vaalia yoghurt for breakkie. Had three canapes, ordered a salad as entree, fish with a bean puree for main and then went halvesies on dessert with hubby (we split 1 lamington, 1 mini cupcake, 1 mini lemon meringue tart,  2 macaroons). Ordered a bento-style box dinner at a Taiwanese cafe where the main contents were crispy honey beef and steamed white rice. Discovered family friends were not going to post-wedding breakfast, met at San Churro and had, Churros. 

> Sunday: Breakfast was a buffet at the hotel the bride and groom stayed at. I should have just gone with a small serve of muesli and yoghurt but ended up with hot food. I don't think I went overboard and we walked 30 mins back into the city when we were done so I didn't feel too horrible. I then had a mini cupcake and bought some takeaway lunch before heading to the airport. Lunch was consumed late on the plane and it was rice with some Indonesian dishes from one of my fave takeaway joints. Upon arrive home, it was straight to the shop. Let's say dinner was not nutritious at all and consisted of a packet of vege chips (but there's veges in it!) and about 6 bits of a malaysian peanut/sugar snack that probably comes in at about 100 calories each.

I'm not sure if I feel terrible, or if I actually feel ok about the weekend. Despite what I ate on Friday, which exceeded Michelle Bridge's recommended 1200 calories, it was still under my BMR and I had done some extra walking that day. Plus, I was proud to have ordered only tea and one bit of chocolate while at Max Brenner. Saturday started off strong but again, rather than getting a hot chocolate as well as churros, I stuck with tea. I probably did crack the overall daily caloric intake quite well, but it was a good day. Sunday, I'm not quote as proud of. The only win being actually admitting to myself at night that I was no longer hungry for dinner because I had so much snacks, and didn't have dinner just for the sake of having dinner. Can't say it felt like the healthiest thing to do, but I guess it comes down to the why eat when you aren't hungry?

So I've decided, win or lose over the weekend, it's now a new week, week four to be exact, and it's a new week for new wins. 

xoxo me

No comments:

Post a Comment