Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Voiceless

I got smacked down by a cold over the weekend and it's taking its time moving through the various stages - the sore throat, the blocked sinuses, the headaches. This morning I woke up with no voice at all. 

While my throat is raw and I sound like I'm constantly trying to whisper as loudly as possible, I'm ok with it. What I am not ok with is that this illness is taking its time to move through the phases. I would much rather get it over with as quickly as possible so that I am well enough to complete the City 2 Surf this Sunday.

I am by no means a runner. I don't really run per se. What I do could more or less be describes as waddling. But I've trained hard to reach the distance (14kms) so I would appreciate it if life would just cut me a bit of slack! 

No comments:

Post a Comment